Thursday, December 27, 2018

Failed Expectations


Well... first off, it's been way too long since I last wrote.  The latter part of the year just kinda flew by too quickly for me to even attempt to catch up.  So I guess I will be starting off with a clean slate once more in 2019.  I suppose I should update the title of this blog to "Somewhat Everyday Scribbles," huh?  😅

Over the past month, I started doing something that I always refused to do... I started playing World of Warcraft (WoW).  Haha.  My friend Amanda has been trying to get me to play for like 15 years now... so I feel that if she sees this, she might freak out a bit. 😋 (though she probably won't see it, but she's welcome to prove me wrong!)  I have to admit, it's fun.   And I hate to admit that, but there you have it.  It's very similar to SWTOR, which has been great for me to get to know the interface and mechanics of the game.  The hubby has started playing it with me as well, so it's at least something for the both of us to do together when boredom hits.  Though we still have yet to get any of our characters to level 20, which is when we can start utilizing mounts.  We keep getting to around level 13-15 and then having the urge to make new characters.  Haha.  Hopefully we will hit that milestone one of these days.  I'm still playing Nexus as well, though mostly just for chatting with friends, the occasional event and daily minor questing when it's available.

I suppose I should reflect on 2018, with it being only days away from ending, but part of me doesn't really want to do that, since that would require remembering that my Granny passed away back at the end of August.  It happened entirely too fast, and it was particularly devastating for me, especially since I was planning to go visit her in November when we made our annual trip to Oklahoma.  I still went to visit her, but it was to her grave instead. 😢  I made sure to place her favorite flowers (purple carnations) on her tombstone that she now shares with my Paw-Paw.  I know she is happy to finally be reunited with him though, so that is a small comfort.  I miss them both so much.

Anyway, I will end this post with that.  Don't expect another post this year though.  I will attempt to start fresh in 2019!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top