Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Happy St. Patty's Day from Guinness & I!
Well, first off, happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone who happens to stumble upon this post! 🍀ðŸŧ🎉  This is the second year in a row that we have not gone to my mother-in-law's house, to have dinner of corned beef & cabbage, with her and at least one of my brother-in-laws.  Last year, it was because it was the aftermath of our wedding and my visiting family and I were [slowly] traveling through wine country over to San Francisco for the weekend.  This year, it's because my mother-in-law has been my brother-in-law's live-in caregiver after his stint in the hospital and so we weren't sure how he would be doing, so no definite plans were made.  But I have to say, I'm really missing our old St. Paddy's Day "tradition."  We're planning to have pork tamales for dinner instead, with refried black beans and tortilla chips, which I am not so excited about.  Eh.  Oh well, maybe next year life won't throw us so many obstacles and it will work out once more.  I'm not even a huge fan of corned beef, yet I find myself really missing it this time of year.  At least I had a St. Patrick's Day shirt to wear this year, which you can sorta see in the photo above!  Though I still got pinched by the hubby's brother earlier today, because he closed his eyes and claimed that he didn't see me wearing green.  Ha ha. -rolls eyes-

Speaking of earlier today, we went out and saw Tomb Raider in the IMAX theatre.  I wasn't really looking forward to it, because I've never been a big fan of the Lara Croft thing, but I have to admit that I did enjoy the movie, MUCH more than I was expecting!  It had plenty of action and mystery, and even a little glimpse of horror, which took me somewhat by surprise.  The sequence at the end of the film was probably my favorite part, where they're making their way deeper into the tomb, having to figure out the puzzles in the blink of an eye, with their lives at stake.  I was on the edge of my seat almost the whole time, ready to hide my eyes if necessary!

That's about all I have for today.  Hope everyone has had a wonderful day and remembered to drink responsibly, if you're taking part in the celebration of St. Patrick's Day with alcohol. 😉

5 comments:

  1. Movies involving tombs should have some horror IMO heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, but I still wasn't expecting it! ðŸĪŠ

      Delete
    2. Understandable! I don't remember any in the original.

      Delete
  2. that dog, april, i must have that dog! what a face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry but he's not for sale. ♥
      He was probably pretty annoyed with me because he hates posing for photos and I had a treat on the table right in front of him to get him to look towards the camera.. lol.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top