Friday, March 23, 2018

Happy Birthday Granny!


So today is a special day in my family, as it is my Granny's birthday.  She is 94 years old today!  In honor of that, I thought I'd share a couple of photos.  I've only recently come into contact with some really early photos of her that I'd never seen before, which is pretty cool.  I love looking at old photos, specifically the backgrounds and seeing how much things have changed since those days.  There's just something that has always fascinated me about it.  And even more so in exploring old areas and finding buildings that were around back then as well.  Anyway...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY! 🎈🎂🎉🎁

I think this is when she was a teenager, so I'm guessing this was maybe late 1930s or early 1940s.  There's no confirmation on the date though, so that is purely a guess.
The most recent photo I have of my Granny & I together; this was taken in July 2016. 💜
She is the sweetest person and I love her so much.  I wish I could get out to see her much more often than I'm able to.  But I know she is surrounded by family where she is and she gets to see them very often.  She's remarkably alert and of sound mind (though she does forget things sometimes, such as the fact that I live in California) and I only hope that I can say the same when I'm her age!

3 comments:

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top