Thursday, March 1, 2018

New Month, New Book


So I started out my day with the new selection from B&N Readouts, which I've updated on my 2018 Reading Challenge page.  It's a book about Sherlock Holmes and an adventure that takes him (and Dr. Watson) to Paris to investigate a possible kidnapping of a cabaret singer's son.  I actually have never read any of the Sherlock Holmes stories before (though I do have some in the library of my Nook account), and the extent of what I know about Mr. Holmes is from the movies starring Robert Downey Jr. & Jude Law, which I LOVED!  The banter they share and chemistry the two of them displayed was great to watch.  However, this book starts out pretty dark, with Holmes reverting back to the use of cocaine after a difficult case and a stint in jail ("gaol" as it is referenced in the story, via the 1880s setting), after he was accused of tampering with evidence.  Anyway, I'm giving the story a chance, despite the low reviews it has received on Goodreads.  I never let critics influence my interest in things, as they don't know me personally and can't possibly know what I would like.

In other news... I received notification that an old game that I mentioned at the beginning of this blog challenge (NexusTK) is now having a rather large event, that is tempting me to re-register my accounts once more.  I have a love/hate relationship with the game, because while I have fond memories of playing it off and on since 2007 and meeting some of the best friends that I've ever had... it's also annoying to play with newer players because they've pretty much cheated in leveling their characters, without actually learning how to play their role.  And my favorite path is a healer, but most of the fighters completely abuse the healer beyond repair, then blame them if they happen to die.  Which has resulted in me only playing my healer with a friend, but our schedules conflict so that we rarely get any time to play together.  So I don't think I'll register right now, because it's a lot of me just playing by myself, which doesn't accomplish much, as it's a game that you advance more quickly with others.  Plus, I have my own goals in SWTOR to keep me occupied. 😊  However, I do plan on registering soon, because there's a new annual gown (the 11th year) that I can acquire in a few days!

Not much else planned for today, other than heading out to the grocery store in an hour or so, to pick up some asparagus to have with our poached salmon for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top