Thursday, March 15, 2018

Return of Food Truck Thursdays + First Vigil


So today is the day that Food Truck Thursdays starts up again!  I'm so excited!  😁  We started making this a weekly 'tradition' last fall when it was introduced.  It's an event that brings together a variety of food trucks, offering a diverse selection of cuisines, all in one place.  It also inspires a sense of community in a city that could desperately use some positive attitudes and people.  We've grown somewhat close to the host, making sure to take a few moments to talk with him every week and see what's going on in the world of food trucks.  I'm going to start looking forward to Thursday nights once again.  It's also an excuse to not have to figure out dinner, besides what truck I'm going to hit up. 😜

Last night we attended a candlelight vigil for three women who were killed last week in a fatal hostage situation at the Veterans Home of California located in Yountville, which is about 60 miles away from us.  It was the first time I had ever been to something like that and there was a very somber vibe among the crowd.  It's horrible to hear what happened, especially after they had attempted to help the veteran who ended up cutting their lives short.  After hearing some prominent people from the community talk, candles were lit in honor of the victims, and we were instructed to blow them out as one, as a symbol of unity and moving on from this tragic occurrence.  It hit my hubby pretty hard from both sides of the spectrum, from having veterans in his family and having worked previously in mental health institutions, knowing what these women went through and sacrificed in order to help those veterans who needed it.

Today is also the birthday of a friend of mine, whom I met through my forum, so I wish the happiest of birthdays to Shanny. 😀🎈🎉🎂 I'll have to remember to ask her how 35 feels, because I will be there in another few short months! 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top