Sunday, January 14, 2018

Focusing on Organization


So today was a completely exhausting, yet productive, day.  We spent ALL day installing the ceiling-mounted shelf that you see in the photo above.  We still have lots more to do before the garage is completely finished, but it does feel good to have this part done.  Cleaning out and disassembling the existing shelves that used to be against the wall was the most time-consuming task.  Although I did reach my step goal for the first time in about a month, without even trying!  That part feels great, but my feet are definitely telling a different tale.

We were planning on cooking dinner tonight, but after the day we had, neither of us felt like cooking, much less standing in the kitchen for more than a minute.  So we ended up calling in an order to our favorite local Chinese restaurant, called Silver River.  It definitely hit the spot, as it always does.

In other news... we ended up buying that EMS unit yesterday at the gun show, and I tried it out on my back last night.  I'm told that it's similar to a shiatsu massage and apparently I cannot handle that style of massage.  My back wasn't hurting beforehand, but while the device was on, it was actually causing me pain.  Apparently it's supposed to hurt like that, but feel better once it's done.  Yeah, my tolerance for pain is pretty much non-existent in the first place, so that doesn't work for me at all.  Especially the tapping mode, or anything that is remotely similar.  The only one I could handle was the kneading/rubbing modes.

Anyway.. I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna stop there for today.  We're planning to spend tomorrow continuing the garage clean-out, and working on the hubby's new workbenches.  Hopefully we will be able to get everything we want done. 😊

See you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. looks good! can you put hooks on the bottom part of the shelf for like rakes, shovels, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, we just haven't put them all on yet because we're still deciding what to use them for. If you look closely to the far side of the shelf, you'll see our weed eater is hanging via one of those hooks. ☺️

      Delete
  2. I would be completely paranoid that that shelf thing would dismount from the ceiling and fall on me. No, I wouldn't be paranoid because that would probably actually happen to me. I have the worst luck ever. It does look good though and sounds like you had a somewhat productive, pain-filled kind of day. I hope your back feels better!

    We have a few Chinese places around here that we order from. We usually get our food from China Hall, but they have this stupid rule that an order has to be at least 20$ if we want them to deliver. So, I always have to double my items to reach their delivery prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, see that work area right underneath it? The top isn't cleared off yet, but it's got the hat and various other items piled on top and (if you look closely) lots of spray paint cans on the shelf underneath... when that's cleared, that's my little corner to work on artsy stuff. So yeah, I completely understand the paranoia! But it's supposed to hold up to 600lbs, so I think we're good, lol.

      We have a few delivery places like that, with that required rule as well, but here it's at least $30. I think we usually end up spending that much anyway or at least close to it, because we both have one item that we pick out for ourselves, then a shared item (usually singapore-style chow mein) and sometimes an appetizer like fried wontons, egg rolls or gyoza (potstickers). If we don't get up to that amount, I'm usually the one that drives to pick it up...

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top