Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Sense of Closure


So I finally hit the bank this morning, to close those accounts that I mentioned in a previous post.  And I found out that I was able to close out a CD (certificate of deposit) that I've had in there for at least the past 10 years as well, which had gained a total interest of about $34.  Haha.  The money was actually a gift that my grandmother had given me back when I graduated high school, so it's been in the bank even longer than a decade... and only made that much.  When I mentioned the CD and the fact that I knew it matured on February 7th, the lady helping me looked it up and said that if I closed it today, I'd lose 8 cents of interest, after accumulating 14 cents already.  What a loss, huh?!  I just laughed and confirmed that I would like to close that account as well.  So I killed two birds with one stone today.  I hightailed it back to my car, because I felt paranoid that there was some kind of target on me, letting everyone know that I was carrying a large sum of cash in my purse.  We're planning to open a Money Market savings account with it at our credit union, where it will earn a MUCH higher interest rate.

Anyway... I've spent the rest of my day finally starting to sift through my Photobucket accounts, making sure that I have copies of whatever I have uploaded there throughout the past decade and a half.  I'm being reminded of crap that I don't want to remember, so I'm going to stop for today.  I came across a photo of a guy that I really liked back in October 2005, with a little stuffed monkey on his shoulder, that he'd won for me at the state fair on our first "date."  And for some reason I kept that monkey (I rediscovered it this past weekend in an old bin in the garage), even though the guy was a complete and utter jerk.  I guess it was a way to remind myself not to fall for someone so quickly, as I did with him.  He dropped off the face of the Earth once he found something better and to this day, I have still never gotten confirmation as to what I did to drive him away.  Ugh.  And now I've contradicted the title of this post, since I never actually got that closure I needed.  Haha.

That's all I have for today.  Until tomorrow! 😊

3 comments:

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top