Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Hospital Horrors


Today has been difficult.  I did get to sleep in this morning until around 8am, which is 3 hours more sleep than I usually get on a weekday.  That was because the hubby stayed home today, because his brother had a stroke last night and was admitted into the hospital, so we took the day off to go visit him.  He's doing okay-ish right now, for the few minutes that he's able to actually stay awake and alert.  His sarcasm is still intact though, and the hubby did get two fist-bumps, so that's a good sign.  He's had a rough time health-wise, so that makes this whole ordeal even scarier.  The hubby says what really worries him is that he also has pneumonia, but he just started the antibiotics so hopefully those start working quickly.

Being up there at the hospital only reminded me of my stint in the ER back at the beginning of September last year, and how terrified I am of the place in general.  And also got me thinking of how if the hubby hadn't gotten home from work when he did, I could be dead right now, what with the 106.1 fever that I was suffering from that night.  I hadn't really realized that until he said something about it recently, after we'd seen a random commercial that reminded him of the incident.  I was so scared and nervous, they thought I was having a heart attack because my heart rate was through the roof.

Anyway... that's about all I have for today.  Still got the same damn headache that will not go away.  And I've noticed that it's making my heart rate jump up higher than normal, via checking it on my Fitbit.  I'll have to keep an eye on that. 😶

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* Maybe you should see a doctor if you can? Have you had headaches that lasted that long before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the doctor for headaches when I was younger, who told me I was concentrating too intently while reading. But I haven't really gone to one since then... I go through this kind of phase where it just comes and goes a lot. Then there's a period where I don't have them at all. -shrugs- I guess it doesn't really seem like a big enough deal to go to a doctor who will most likely just prescribe something I can get from OTC drugs.

      Delete
    2. I hope they go soon then!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top