Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Rainy Days & a Harsh Reminder


Well, that rain that I mentioned yesterday?  It hasn't stopped since.  We now have small pools in our backyard, which complicates things for the dogs when doing their business out here.  Dozer gets out there, pees really quick and then immediately rushes back inside.  Neither of them are happy with this constant rainfall.  I think it's supposed to stop just long enough for the ground to dry, then start back up again at the beginning of next week. 😒

So, today is a bit of a harsh reminder for us.  It's a pretty significant birthday (21st) of my husband's daughter.  Next month marks two years since we've heard her voice, or even seen her.  It's just so incredibly sad how a person with such potential voluntarily decided to ruin her life.  My hubby actually just recently tried to help her with an issue, purely out of the goodness of his heart, only to be accused of actions that were entirely her own fault.  And she expects him to fix it.  She loves to blame everyone else for her problems.  Ugh.  After that stressful debacle, he says he is finally done with her.  I'm glad we haven't had to deal with that every day anymore, but I'm sad for the way things worked out.  To be honest, sometimes I even forget that she exists, until I'm reminded of something else she has screwed up for herself.  I know that sounds horrible, but sometimes the truth isn't pretty.

Other than that, it's a pretty typical day here.  I'm planning to finish washing pots & pans later this morning, before I have to start work in the early afternoon.  We're having meat pies with fries for dinner tonight, so I'm looking forward to that.  This is the last of our stash also, until the local chef who makes them has another event where he makes extra portions... so I'm going to savor every bite! 😋

2 comments:

  1. My dog isn't necessarily fond of the rain either, but she'll stand her ass outside for as long as I'll let her because she enjoys being outside.

    I have a few family members a lot like your hubby's daughter. Sometimes, we just have to let them live their lives and live with their mistakes. Eventually, they'll learn. Maybe they won't. But, at some point we all just have to take a step back. We can only help so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what my dad keeps telling us. It's just sad, because she was such a smart person, until she met the loser she's with. And trust me, I know what it's like when you think you're in love and you want to change your life to revolve around him, yada yada yada... but when it all comes crashing down, who's going to be there to pick up the pieces when you've isolated yourself so far away from those who cared about you? She basically just gave us a big "fuck you" and it's hard to forgive that, after everything that we've done for her. Ugh, but anyway, the point is, I know what you're saying and you're right. It's just frustrating.

      Thank you for the support though! ♥

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top