Saturday, January 13, 2018

Be Wary of the Backseat


So the majority of my Saturday was somewhat eventful.  I tagged along on a trip out to San Francisco (technically Daly City, but close enough!) for the gun show at what is known as the Cow Palace.  My husband and brother-in-law were wanting to go there mainly to attend a CCW class, which took about 2 hours to complete.  In the meantime, I sat in the food court area and started a new book, while waiting for them.  Then we walked around and the guys bought a few things.  I almost had an EMS (electric muscle stimulation) unit demonstration forced on me, until the guy finally understood that I did not want it and then talked the hubby into it, claiming that he could relay to me what it felt like.  We already have a TENS unit so I had a pretty good idea anyway.  Those pads have to be placed directly on the skin, so I just would have felt awkward having some stranger reach under my shirt, in the middle of the building.  So sue me. 😋

Anyway, after we were done scouring through pretty much every booth that was available, we left to head to lunch... and I found out that the ride from the backseat of my car is NOT a fun one!  It bounces A LOT back there when driving on the highway and made me feel pretty nauseous, until we finally pulled into our driveway.  I don't notice the intense bouncing when I'm driving or sitting in the passenger seat.  I kept my eyes closed most of the ride home, trying to sleep but failing.

The rest of the day has been fairly quiet, and I assume the night is going to go the same way.  We still have to figure out what to do for dinner though, because we realized that our lunch was pretty much the same meal that we were planning to cook for dinner, so that's off the table now.  We'll do it tomorrow night instead, but that doesn't help for what to do tonight... I hate unexpected dinner dilemmas such as this!  They happen all too often around here. 😒

I'll end this post with a fitting quote that I noticed on my Goodreads app earlier today:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
—Stephen King
That quote definitely rings true today.  I was so grateful for my digital reading platforms, in being able to easily carry hundreds of books with me, seeing as I desperately needed something to occupy my time this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad you were able to find something to occupy your time while the boys were running rapid at the show and participating in that class. Reading is always a great go-to source for entertainment especially when there's nothing else around you that you find interesting.

    I am NOT a fan of riding in the backseat of my car either. I'm not all that comfortable driving though. I prefer to be in the front, passenger side of the car. Otherwise my anxiety kicks in (usually full force) and I end up phoning a friend through the car. By talking to someone, my anxiety level drops a great deal and I can usually make it home without having to stop every five minutes to calm myself down.

    If I would have known you were trying to nap on the way home, I wouldn't have been sending you messages and blowing up your phone (LOL). At any rate, what's the new book called? And, did you figure out what you're doing for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's kinda why I stopped responding at some point, but don't worry about blowing up my phone, you weren't the one stopping me from sleeping. :P It was just the intensely queasy feeling.

      The new book is called Lamb to the Slaughter by Karen Ann Hopkins, and thank you for reminding me to update my Reading Challenge tab! :D It's a mystery thriller involving the Amish community, in which one of the girls is found dead, after being shot in the back with a 12-gauge shotgun. It's pretty interesting so far. :)

      And I just ended up going to Taco Bell to pick up something small for dinner. Lol. We had a sort of late lunch, so we both weren't entirely hungry, but figured we should eat before it got too late in the night.

      Delete
    2. O.o that book sounds like something I might actually read! I'll have to check it out. I'm glad I reminded you to update the reading challenge. I wish I had the time to stick to a challenge for reading. But, one challenge is enough on top of school and projects (lol).

      And, there is nothing wrong with Taco Hell!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top