Monday, May 14, 2018

Jumping Back to Fitness...


So, first off, today marks the first walk I've completed in several months, as you can see from the image over there on the left.  The numbers aren't great, because I'm so outta shape from being derailed by my neck issues back in February, but it's a start.  I'd actually forgotten that I told my mom we'd start up my morning-walking-routine today, and first thing when she woke up, she reminded me.  I was tempted to just say screw it once again, and start tomorrow, but I ended up making myself get out there and get it done.  And it feels good.  I always forget how good it feels to get that out of the way, first thing in the morning before I start out my day.  So yeah, that's one bonus that has resulted from my mom's visit here this month! 😄  Although now I've worked off everything I had for breakfast, so I may need to look into eating something else to satisfy my slightly-growling tummy.

The best thing was actually being with her on Mother's Day yesterday, though.  That was a first in several years, and a long-time coming.  I'd missed being able to hug my mom on Mother's Day.  We had a relaxing morning and afternoon, before going out to dinner at a local teppanyaki restaurant, called Shirasoni.  It is amazingly delicious, and the "show" that you pay for is always so entertaining and fun!  We all had a great time, along with my mother-in-law & brother-in-law & Reno.  And now we have lunch for today and possibly tomorrow as well, haha.  Anyway, I hope everyone who reads this had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday and you were able to spend some quality time with your mother as well!

That's all I really have for right now.  My mom and I don't have big plans for today, other than getting a few hours in for work, and hitting the grocery store later, then continuing with our Star Wars binge-watching. (her idea!)  At least until the hubby gets home from work, then we're going to have homemade tacos for dinner and catch whatever shows are on tonight.  Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. yeah i have to get out there more too... i play basketball at a really nice spot about five minutes from my house and go for walks with my dog. it's always hardest for me to start but then once i'm doing it i'm like hey this is kinda fun and then when i come home i'm like that was awesome! i just do it to keep my metabolism working properly and get the blood flowing - i'm not trying to get buff or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you just said there, lol. I'm not doing it for 'buffness' either, just attempting to lose some pounds and feel better about myself on the days that my self-esteem isn't so high. ☺️ and yeah, having a spot so close really makes it easier to get out there more often.. The trail I use conveniently has an entrance right into our neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. congrats on finally getting a wallk in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy! We went out yesterday morning as well, got 3 miles walked that time! Hoping to continue tomorrow morning and push slightly further. 😄👊

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Good job! I never could even do a mile lol. I was always a turtle in gym class.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top