Thursday, May 17, 2018

Be Careful What You Wish For


So, remember that post back at the beginning of April where I was complaining about the hubby not taking time off work during my mom's visit out here?  Yeah, scratch that altogether.  He ended up taking the time off work, and now I'm finding myself wishing that he hadn't. 😒  I'm not going to go into the full reasoning behind that, but let's just say I can't stand his attitude towards her, and how I get caught in the middle of it.  And then having to put on a 'happy face' for my mom's benefit... I can only do that so long before it starts sifting to the surface. 🙄 ugh.

That's all I really have to say for now.  Hopefully things will work themselves out, but now I'm just really starting to dread any time that I have to spend with the two of them together.  I suck at conflict resolution. 😐

1 comment:

  1. As a guy I know how this works, we are forced into a situation we dont want to be in but someone we care about would be happy if we do it. So we push through it not intentionally doing the worse job we could possible do but trying to make the best of a crappy situation so based on our opinion of the dilemma our "performance" is inherent of how we feel of the entire scenario.

    It's not intentional in fact we are as miserable as we make everyone else feel in the scenario as well. most of the time we are completely unaware of our actions and when confronted by the old "why are you here if you are going to act like this" is a trigger for disaster. Since the truth is we put ourselves in a "bad" situations for someone else and are unaware of how we are acting **at first** then confronted with this saying or a variation of this saying our instinct becomes "I'll show you had bad I can be!"

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top