Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Futile Impasse


Have you ever watched a TV show that you've invested a fair amount of time into, only to have it end up hitting far too close to home?  That's what's happening to me right now with a show on Netflix: Party of Five.  I feel like I've reached this impossible quandary where I don't know if I can continue, because it brings up these horrible memories that I've spent years attempting to forget.  Though no matter how much time goes by, I still remember every moment as if it happened yesterday.  How is it that only the terrible stuff sticks around? -sigh-

I'm about halfway into the 5th season when this storyline involving Julia (Neve Campbell) has started to develop and there are only 6 seasons in the whole series, so I feel like I'm too close to the end to just quit, but it's seriously taking an effort to watch what feels like a remake of my life from over ten years ago.  Ugh.  I initially started watching the show because 1) I'd never seen it before, even though it came out in the late 90's and 2) it is based in San Francisco, which I thought would be cool to watch, since now I have actually been out there multiple times and somewhat know the area.  I've been annoyed with every one of the members of the Salinger family at least once so far, most specifically Charlie (Matthew Fox) because he's just a pompous asshole that only cares about himself.  I suppose I will just wait it out and see how the writers chose to deal with this situation that Julia's getting herself mixed up in.

You may think I'm just making too big a deal of this, but you can't really judge unless you have been in the same situation.  Trust me on that. 😉

Anyway... that's what has been on my mind today.  Until tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Could you just skip to the last season or you'd get too confused?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that would probably be confusing, because it's not one of those kinds where a new conflict pops up and it's resolved by the end of the episode.

      Delete
    2. I'd go with just reading recaps, but I get the marching on, good luck! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you have to go through that. I haven't had something to made it impossible for me to keep on watching although I've had those moments that brought back bad memories for me.

    You could try to find a wiki or something to read the synopsis of each episode so you get the gist of what happens and know when that stuff is left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaynil. 😊 I've read the little blurb on Netflix about the upcoming episodes, which is how I know vaguely what's to come in the next couple episodes, so that would probably work, but the problem with that is that I feel like I'd miss out on the other storylines involving the other members of the family if I skipped the episodes altogether. But yeah, I guess I'd have to find a detailed synopsis of each episode, which they probably have listed on TV.com, which is a website that I use often for TV shows.

      Eh, I'll probably end up watching the episodes, just have to power through Julia's scenes and keep reminding myself that I wouldn't have become the person I am today if that hadn't happened to me, and hopefully the experience will make her character a stronger person the way I feel it did for me. In other words, attempting to view a terrible experience in a positive light. 😊

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top