Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Finding a Fix [Hopefully]


So, let's start with the good about today.  I went ahead and registered for another month on Nexus.  Mainly because I realized that I could get my 11th year 'wisdom gown,' which is a sort of incentive for playing the game and sticking around.  You get a different exclusive outfit for every year that you've had an account.  So since I created my character back in March of 2007, I was able to claim my 11th year gown.  And while I didn't like it at first, I made it work, via finding the perfect color palette, or dye.  I actually like to make a cumulative graphic with every dye available in the game, which I call my dye charts.  They help for knowing what an outfit will look like, before spending money on the dye at a future date.  So, after spending a good chunk of my morning on a big event quest, I took quite a few screenshots of this new gown in some of the different dyes.  And that's the 2D version of me that you see in the top left [Apey].  Well, not exactly, but pretty close!  I only wish I had that badass dragon staff to carry around with me. 😜

And now on to the crappy, near-anxiety-attack-filled portion of my day.  After dealing with this neck pain off and on for the past 3 weeks, I finally went in to the urgent care clinic today, to see if I could get it checked out, since I do not have a primary doctor picked out.  After waiting about an hour after checking in, I finally got called back to a room, only for the nurse practitioner to appear a bit confused at my symptoms... although she did say that I would probably need a higher level of care, then she ordered a bunch of x-rays of my neck.  So I was led to the room where they do that, completely nervous and scared because I've never had anything like that done before... but thankfully, the guy that took the pictures was really nice and understanding of me being such a baby about it all.

I will say, waiting for the results was just about the hardest 25 minutes that I've had to face in a very long time.  Especially waiting by myself... going over all of the worst-case scenarios and trying to prevent myself from just breaking down crying right there in that empty room that seemed like it was closing in on me, minute by minute.  Ugh.  I hated it.  In the end, it turned out that my bones were fine, nothing was wrong, but there was a small something in the muscle area, which led her to prescribe a muscle-relaxant medication, as well as ibuprofen.  So hopefully this will fix my problem, because otherwise, I will have to go in for an MRI and I don't know how I'd handle that monster....

1 comment:

  1. I hope the medication ends up helping!

    lol I like earning gift cards to use for my games. So I can get nifty stuff too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top