Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Grasping Inspiration Within a Game


So I was looking through photos last night, planning out posts for my photoblog, and I realized that before this latest trip to Lake Tahoe last month, we hadn't taken a 'photography road trip' since April 2017 (excluding our drive to OKC at the end of November, that is).  Which sucks for a person like me, who loves taking photos of anything and everything... I really need to fix that.  Although I suppose I will next month, since my mom is going to be coming out here to visit for the majority of the month, and she's expecting to have at least one or two road-tripping 'adventures' while she's here.

In other news, I think I'm going to try competing in the weekly story or poetry contest in my game, Nexus.  If I win first or second place, or 2 honorable mentions, it'll fulfill what they call the "culture" trial in a quest to reach another major level.  And also, I just feel like writing, but I need some inspiration.  So I have the choice of writing a story from the prompt "When the goats took over..." (which makes me laugh 😄) or a poem about "Making mistakes."  Or both, maybe!  

So that's what I'll be working on for the rest of the day, until something else that I need to do comes up. 😊
         ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

✍ What I've got so far ✍

The deafening sound infiltrated my ears as I lounged in the sheep fields in the middle of the wilderness, my hair whipping behind my head as I lifted myself up to investigate this unsettling new development.  My faithful companion, Stormi, who is a bobcat, immediately pricked her ears up to listen more closely, her head rising from its resting spot on my leg, those gray eyes staring intently at the dark figures rapidly approaching in the distance.  The sound was growing louder with every passing moment.  Squinting in the brightness of the sun’s rays, I jumped to my feet, leaning closer, as if that would instantly reveal the source.

The surrounding sheep, who had been peacefully sleeping or eating, much of what their daily lives consisted of, turned to gaze in the direction of that unpleasant sound.  I felt the ground start to quake slightly, under the pressure of this imminent wall of darkness; the grass causing a tickling sensation where its tendrils had coiled around the toes of my bare feet. 
  ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Not sure where I'm going with this just yet, but hopefully I'll figure it out before the 14th when it's due!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'm having issues with figuring out why exactly they'd take over, lol. I was doing some "research" via Googling photos and the babies are definitely adorable! 😊

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...They got fed up of being milked? lol

      Delete
    3. Haha. I feel it needs a more complex reason than that. I decided to just have their land suffer some kind of devastation that caused them to evacuate. Pretty vague in the explanation of what happened to displace them all, lol.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top