Thursday, April 5, 2018

Just Call Me 'Chauffeur'


So I spent most of today driving my mother-in-law and Reno around our little 'neck of the woods'.  I'm my mother-in-law's usual "driver" when she goes to see her eye doctor, because she usually comes out of there with her eyes dilated and can't drive herself.  I was jokingly called her 'Uber' last time we were there, by another patient.  I'm always mistaken for her granddaughter also, instead of daughter-in-law.  Haha.  Anyway, this time Reno joined us, because he'd been needing to get his eyes checked and so he asked my mother-in-law to make an appointment for him with her doctor.

Turns out he's a bit blind in one eye and as I understood it, they did a minor procedure on it during his visit, so he definitely couldn't drive.  Then we found a coffee shop and hung out for the next 2 hours until meeting up with the hubby over at the Food Truck Thursday event, seeing as this was the last time in a little bit that the lobster truck (Cousins Maine Lobster) was going to be there, and Reno wanted to get some lobster bisque.

Also, I found out that my dad went back to the hospital last night, and I was completely unaware until I get a text message from him this afternoon, starting with "The diagnosis was good..." and I immediately texted him back, saying I didn't even know he was in the hospital!  He'd sent me a text last night but it never came through on my end... Ugh.  I'm just glad he's going to be okay... he had knee replacement surgery back on March 22nd and he almost passed out last night during a dinner date with friends, because of some blood clots in his lungs (relating to the surgery).  I would have been so worried last night if I'd actually received that message.

That's about it for now.  I've had a huge headache all day, so I'm off to relax and maybe fall asleep early. 💤

3 comments:

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top