Sunday, April 15, 2018

Got My (Photography) Fix!


Well, today has been busy!  The photo above is from the highlight of my day: our visit to the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco, of the koi pond, specifically! (full-view recommended!)  It was so beautiful and so much fun to finally get my photography fix taken care of.  And by that, I mean actually taking pictures with my camera, not only with my phone.  The last time we took a photography trip was last month in Tahoe, but I never really got to use my camera, because of the snow and the precarious conditions that entailed.  Which was for the best, since I did end up slipping about five times. (haha)  But this was great.  And just what I needed!  It wasn't as serene as I'd expected, because there were too many people there, but it was pretty.  One of my favorite things is just being outside with my Nikon, taking photos of anything & everything I see around me.  So I'm happy now. 😁📷

The main reason we were out in San Francisco was for the gun show at the Cow Palace though, but I wanted to make the drive more worthwhile, by going somewhere I hadn't already been previously.  We'd passed by the Japanese Tea Garden before, when we went to the Botanical Gardens, but we never went inside, so this was brand new to me.

I also realized that I definitely need to force myself to get back into my daily walking.  I was winded when we walked up a hill and I hate that it took so much out of me.  That never would have happened a few months ago.  Ugh.  But the good news is that I made my goal of 10,000 steps today!  And then some, as I'm currently at 11,521. 😊 I'm going to see if my mom wants to go with me on my daily morning walks when she's here, because it's more fun with someone else.   I'm going to try to get back into it again, starting TOMORROW! 💪👊  (I know I've said that before, but this time I'm really going to try to make it happen!  If not tomorrow, definitely the next day.)

3 comments:

  1. that must have been fun. you are right it's better with people. if nobody can make it with you and you still want to go, you can make a small goal for yourself and that will be a substitute for company - like i want to see a certain tree, bird, look for pictures in clouds, feel the sun on my face, find a cool stone, etc. i love walking in nature. i used to feel it on a much deeper level. but lately when i go for walks in nature the feeling is subdued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I totally understand that. Do you know why the feeling is subdued now? I love my usual trail, it's very peaceful, even though it's directly behind neighborhoods, you don't have to go very far to hit the spots where you look to either side of the trail and all you see are open fields and vineyards and fruit trees. I especially like going early enough in the morning where it's dark when I start out, and seeing the sun slowly rise throughout the course of the walk. :)

      Delete
  2. lol, yes, but it's pretty heavy, i don't want to scare you. i might private message you about it later.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top