Thursday, April 19, 2018

Remembrance & Facing a Hard Truth


So, for today's post, I'm actually just going to refer to my photoblog's latest entry, because it explains what I'm feeling, as this is always a kind of emotional day of remembrance for me.  It's been twenty-three years since the OKC Bombing took place at 9:02am, and I will always remember that day like it just happened yesterday.  As it says in that post, I can still hear my pup (😢) barking immediately afterwards, and feel the slight shaking of my house when it happened.  (I lived about 13 miles away at the time.)  I don't think I will ever not be able to remember those things.

Anyway... yesterday during the episode of Party of Five that I was watching on my lunch break, I involuntarily broke down crying and had to immediately hug Dozer (because he was out of his crate at the time), while watching the difficult scene of the siblings having to make the impossible decision to end their family dog's life.  And again, it took me right back to my past, to January 10, 2011 when my family had to make the same impossible decision.  And Mari's death at the end of 2016, when we weren't even able to be here to say a proper goodbye to her.  It also got me thinking about our other Irish setter and great dane, and how they are both getting too close to their later years, especially Dozer, who is already 5½ years old and his earliest life expectancy is only 3 more years.  😭  Death just sucks, to put it bluntly.

Ah, but I need to stop thinking about all that right now and get back to work.  So that's all I have for today.  Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top