Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hello April...


And so starts my most hated month of the year.  Why do I hate it so much, you ask?  Mostly because I was teased about having a month as my name, when growing up, specifically when my cousin would call me "April May June" ALL THE TIME, when he saw me at family gatherings and whatnot.  Good thing we lived 6 hours away!  Also, during the month, I'm always paranoid that people are talking to me (or about me) when I hear them say "April."  And after 34 years of that... let's just say it gets old quick.

It's also April Fools Day, which is pretty much an annoying day in itself, as you can't believe anything that you hear today!  And for a somewhat-gullible person like me... that sucks.  Haha.

Oh and also Easter Sunday.  We don't really make a big deal out of Easter in this house though.  I mean, it seems like it's more for the kids with the scavenger hunt for eggs and chocolate bunnies and the like.  I remember when I was growing up, my neighborhood used to have this big 'Easter' party, for all the kids who lived there, along with a huge scavenger hunt in the fields that ran behind everyone's houses (called 'the greenbelt'), connecting them.  It was so fun to finally spot a bit of orange or pink or blue among the green grass and find the little candies hidden inside.  Ah, to be little again, without a care in the world, other than finding the most eggs, of course! 😝

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top