Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday of Doom... or Boredom


Well, it's Friday the 13th.  I hate when the 13th falls on a Friday!  It makes the day seem doomed from the start.  Though nothing bad has happened so far, but I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that. 😶

Anyway... my nerves are still going haywire but I've managed to keep my mind mostly off of that.  The hubby's already home from work, after working a half-day, but I'm not sure if we have anything specifically exciting planned for tonight, or even worth mentioning.  We need to hit the grocery store in a little bit, once we figure out what veggies to have with the pork sirloin tip roast that I defrosted this morning... though we may end up pushing that back to tomorrow night and just going out for a quick bite to eat tonight, maybe to our favorite local pizza place that is conveniently located next to Trader Joe's, which is our usual stop after eating there.  They also have this amazing mini chocolate cake, called a No Name Cake, but it's really just an elaborate Ding Dong (although SO much better) and I LOVE them! 

I talked to my mom today and she's getting excited about her visit out here in just three weeks!  I'm excited too, but that also means that I need to start some major cleaning of the house before she gets here.  Starting with the office, this room is such a mess and I hate that I've let it get this bad.  If we don't get around to cleaning this weekend, I'm going to use every free moment I can find next week, to start the cleaning process.  Well, mostly every moment.  I really hope I'm going to be in a cleaning mood for these next few weeks! 😄😳  Wish me luck on that!

4 comments:

  1. My mom went grocery shopping too and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =D
      We did end up doing exactly what I predicted here too, lol. Got some green beans & potatoes to make for tonight's dinner. And of course the chocolate cake, which didn't last long!

      Delete
  2. If this Friday was a horror film it would have been titled "Friday the 13th: Boredom's revenge"!! This is not implying no one had anything of importance on their plate, just that the task were "boring". My entire workday was one long boring task even when I was trying to goof off I would just get sucked into someone else's boring task.

    Fun things to try: If you're a Walmart shopper and the Walmart offers grocery pick-up give it a shot. It's extremely convenient and frees up so much time for binge watching shows on Netflix and/or hulu, also will save you money if you find yourself impulse buying when you do grocery shop.

    If you are tasked with cleaning a room and have no motivation just reimagine the room. Move things around in your head "shelf against this wall, desk over here, pictures along this" if you paint a great picture your mind will want you to complete this and you will find motivation.. its like the concept of a song stuck in your head if you just finish the song your brain will be happy and no longer torture you with the chorus of barbie girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. To everything you just said!

      The grocery stores we frequent don't offer the pick-up or delivery options and I hate going to Walmart, I try to avoid that place if at all possible. Haha. Plus, I don't think I'd use the service even if they offered it, because it's good for me to get out of the house every now and then, since I work from home and sometimes get a hint of "cabin fever."

      I'll have to try out that method of motivation for cleaning, never heard of that before! And thanks for getting that stupid chorus stuck in my head now. =P

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top