Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I'm a... Grandmother?!


Sooo, I guess the most exciting news I have for today is... I'm a 34-year-old [step] grandmother. 😳 Haha.  I have no idea what to do with that.  Seriously.  It sounds so... weird.  In other words, I was just informed that the hubby's daughter had her baby this morning.  It's a boy, whom they named Dean Gentry. ("Dean" inspired by Supernatural, I think, since I know she's a big fan of the show.)  Hopefully, she will get over herself enough one day, to bring the kid by our house, so that her dad can at least meet him once.  It's a complicated situation, but at least he's being supportive, because it's not the kid's fault who his parents are.

All these babies being born within the past week kind of makes me think that it will never happen for me.  And even if it does... now his/her uncle will be older.  That's just... weird, also.  Haha.  Oh, this perplexing life I lead. 😵

Anyway... it's also my youngest cousin Nataley's birthday today, so happy birthday to her, wherever she is. 😊

Slight update on my neck issue, it seems like it doesn't hurt as much as before, so I think it's at least getting better, just very slowly.  Right now, the muscles in the back of my neck and shoulders just feels really tight.  I'm trying to stretch them out as much as I can to relieve the tension.  I've been using one of our TENS units for the past couple nights, for about 45 minutes, and I think that's what really started to help, once the hubby and I worked out our communication issues from the other day. (because I needed him to put them on)  Yesterday, we visited my brother-in-law at the hospital and I kinda freaked myself out, when I noticed that my fingertips on my left hand looked slightly purplish-blue, with a semi-numb feeling.  They were fine a couple hours later when we got home though, so I'm not sure what all that was about.

But now I have to get ready to go out to our bank because I somehow misplaced my debit card over the weekend and I can't find it anywhere, so I'm off to get it deactivated and replaced.  Hopefully will be a quick trip also, because I don't wanna possibly strain my neck too much, too fast.  Until tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. congratulations. i know, for your part, you would be there for him, even if the parents aren't. but you can't really do much anyways since she doesn't want anything to do with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and also because she lives in Tennessee. The hubby told her that she and the baby are welcome here, though it makes it difficult because the prick she's married to is NOT.

      Either way, thanks, even though congrats are not really necessary, lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your neck is getting better, even slowly! Though I hope it speeds up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy! ❤️ I hope so too, although I think I may have jinxed myself because after cleaning up dinner and the kitchen just now, it started bothering me again. 😞 I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to get back to normal too fast, but this up and down stuff sure is annoying!

      Delete
    2. :( Damn! If only you could rest for a few days.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top