Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tears + Laughter = Emotional Rollercoaster


Well... first off, that episode of This Is Us was totally gut-wrenching.  I'm not gonna lie, my eyes teared up more than once throughout the past 60 minutes.  Of course, the teasers during the Super Bowl didn't help, consistently reminding me that I would definitely find out exactly how my favorite character died.  Though I will say that the way they did it was very dramatic and respectful, and it worked with the vibe of the show.  It's just so incredibly sad how sudden he was taken from the world.

Anyway... so we did end up watching the Super Bowl, after spending most of the day just kinda messing around the house, playing video games and just being all-around lazy.  I was watching mainly for the commercials, as I do every year, since I don't care about the actual game at all.  My favorite one was Jack in the Box, with Jack facing off with Martha Stewart in presenting a new sandwich they have on their menu, specifically the part where she rips off his nose and then it goes to a screen saying "Please Stand By."  You'd have to see it to understand. 😊 I also liked the Australia one with Chris Hemsworth as the "tour guide."  I've already wanted to visit Australia and that commercial only intensified that desire!  Especially if I can have Chris as my tour guide as well!  Heh... hell, I'd be happy if I could just listen to him talk all day. 😍

Also liked the Doritos lip-sync battle with Peter Dinklage leading team Spitfire... I hate that style of music but love anything with Mr. Dinklage in it!  Team Spitfire all the way!  Tide was great also, saying that every commercial with a clean shirt in it was a "Tide Ad" which I heard at first as "tie dad."  Haha.  And of course the Michelob Ultra commercials with Chris Pratt were wonderfully amusing.  One that I didn't like was the Diet Coke Mango one, with the too-thin girl and extremely awkward dancing.  It was definitely cringe-worthy and uncomfortable to watch.

That's all I have for today.  Hope whoever stumbles upon this post had a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday!  (or just regular ole Sunday, if you didn't watch.)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch it, but my mom did. Eagles fans in my area of course lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, well that's to be expected. :P Hubby was rooting for the Patriots but I don't think he really cared who won in the end. :)

      Delete
    2. lol As long as the game entertained.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top