Thursday, February 8, 2018

Definitely, Maybe...


Sooo, yes I know, I missed a day.  However, I'm giving myself a pass because 1) I was in too much pain all day, with other things on my mind, to even be thinking about writing a blog post and 2) nothing really blog-worthy happened. 😜 I think I may just give myself one or two freebies a month like that, because there are just some days that are utterly boring and not fun to write about, and even less fun to read.

Anyway, one of my all-time favorite movies is 2008's Definitely, Maybe.  I haven't seen it in awhile and I needed some noise while I worked, so I had it play in the background today.  I love this movie so much, simply for its title, because I've always been so indecisive and I used to say that phrase all the time, before the movie was even made, or at least a variation of it.  Funny coincidence, one of the main characters (Isla Fisher) is named April too! 😊 One thing I love about the movie is how real it is, regarding relationships and their complicated and somewhat unstable nature.

See, the story starts out with the main character William Hayes (Ryan Reynolds, another reason I loooove the movie!) receiving divorce papers, and later that day his 11-year-old daughter wants to know the story of how he met & fell in love with her mother.  He's reluctant to tell her at first, because of the painful memories and feelings that never really went away... but then he agrees, on the condition that he won't tell her the real names of any of the women he dated, including her mother.

Ironically, the character of April hits really close to home with me also.  Just everything about her and what she feels and believes seems to be exactly the same with me, like the writers somehow had me in mind when they wrote her.  It's really weird, but I loved that part about the movie when I first saw it.  It also reminds me of my hubby and I because we had the same type of relationship that she and Will end up developing throughout the film.  They start out as great friends, staying that way for a few years, knowing that there could be something deeper but never acting on it, until it's seemingly too late, and finally end up getting together years later. 😍

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea of pass days lol.

    I've seen that movie!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top