Monday, February 5, 2018

A Day of Pain


The biggest news to come out of today is that my brother-in-law had another stroke. 😟  He just can't seem to catch a break lately.  I'm not sure what exactly caused it, because medical jargon tends to go in one ear and out the other with me, but the main thing is that he was still able to put a shirt on by himself and move around semi-normally, though his eye is tilted and his left arm is still slightly numb.  The doctors are conferring with a neurologist, I think the hubby said, in another city, at the moment.  I was really hoping he'd be better by now, as I know it's a strain on my hubby's mind, since he and this brother are fairly close.

Another kind of pain started for me today, but I kind of feel bad for even complaining, considering what I just described my brother-in-law going through currently.  But that doesn't mean it hurts any less for me.  Ugh.  The hubby thinks I may have endometriosis because my pain is so severe every month, sometimes to the point where I can hardly move.  But after some quick research into the disorder, I don't think the specific type of pain that I feel fits the symptoms completely.  I can see how he would think I have it though.

Luckily for me, dinner tonight required almost no effort or thought, as it was just chicken flautas shoved into the oven for 15 minutes, and heating up some spicy jalapeΓ±o refried beans on the stove, then taking organic tortilla chips out of the bag.

In other news, my reading challenge for February is going well, as I'm already more than halfway through my current Odd Thomas novel, and it's only 5 days into the month.  I'm planning to take some time off work tomorrow to rest and try to ignore my stomach pains, so I plan to get lost in the world of Odd Thomas as a distraction from my reality, and maybe I'll find myself starting the last book in the series tomorrow also.

Anyway, I'm off to watch Lucifer now. πŸ’™

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, I hope he recovers soon!

    I see nothing wrong with complaining about cramps, especially extremely painful ones.

    Good job with the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I still feel bad about complaining, because he's going through so much worse. But he's also about 1,000 times tougher than I am, regarding tolerance for pain...

      Only a little under 40 more pages until I'm done with the book!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!

      I've somewhat been in shoes, cramps can be worse.

      :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Back to Top