Friday, February 9, 2018

Welcome to The Olympics


Ah, I knew that was Randall (a.k.a. This Is Us's Sterling K. Brown) voicing the Opening Ceremony intro for The Olympics!  Which is what I just started watching.  I wouldn't say I'm hugely into the Olympics but I do like the winter ones because, you guessed it, all the snow!  I really think I may have an unhealthy obsession with that beautiful white blanket.  If you know me in the slightest, you probably definitely understand that statement.  I feel like if I lived in a place that had more of it all the time, I'd be big into some of the sports that involve snow.  I do remember going skiing back when I was around 12 years old, and I was pretty good for a newbie!  I even went down a 'black,' although I wasn't aware that it was that level at the time, and I didn't fall once!  Haha.

Anyway... even if I don't get to see all of the actual competitions during the Olympics, I do like to catch the opening ceremony, just because it's usually a pretty sight.  And being able to see more of the stories of the Olympians that are participating, and what brought them to these key moments in their lives.  I don't think I have the willpower or stamina to ever be even remotely close to a participant, as I wouldn't want to give up my life for all that training. 😳  So I'll just settle for watching them. 😜 

I think the competitions that I'm looking forward to watching most would be figure skating and the bobsleigh.  Mostly because a couple of my favorite movies involve those!  (The Cutting Edge and Cool Runnings)

So yeah... Go Team USA!  If you're planning to watch the Olympics, which sport are you looking forward to most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Back to Top