Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hodgepodge of Feelings


(Isn't that such a curious word?!  I just couldn't resist.)

Sooo, I finally got the hubby to agree to watch Me Before You last night, after a little over 1½ years of constantly asking him to watch it with me.  And after it was over, he has the nerve to say "That was a good movie, why didn't we watch it sooner?!"  Haha.  And it was such a good movie!  I won't lie, my eyes got misty more than once, which I had already expected they would.  Sweet, yet utterly heart-breaking at the same time, but with a few scenes of comic relief added into the mix.  I loved the chemistry between Lou & Will also, even from their first meeting.  I liked that he ended up falling for her, after the type of guy he'd been before his accident.  And Emilia Clarke did such an amazing job of portraying the infinitely happy, sweet and quirky Louisa!

I found today that it's sometimes difficult to be friends with someone that you have such a long history with.  Someone who knew you way back when you were a teenager and also as an adult and all the times in between... I know I'm not the same person I was back then, and it's just kind of weird (that's not the right word, but it's all I've got right now) to me to know someone who knew both versions of myself.  It also kind of sucks, especially if they cannot seem to let go of the past, and you tend to find them constantly, whether they are conscious of it or not, triggering reminders of things that you just want to forget. πŸ˜’

On a brighter note, here's a shout-out to my friend and most loyal reader, Mandy, since it's her birthday today!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again)!!! πŸ˜„πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚ I hope you've had such a great day so far and been able to spend it doing the things that you love.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see that, I think I musta missed when it came to ON DEMAND.

    *hug* Sorry to here you have to deal with a person like that!

    lol Thank you for the birthday shout! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, maybe it'll be added to Netflix soon?! I'm not sure if it's available via OnDemand here still.

      -hugs back- Thanks! It's fine, just slightly annoying, and I have a hard time totally cutting people out of my life who have been in it for so long, so it's just something I have to deal with sometimes. It's not all bad though. =)

      And you're welcome! ♥

      Delete
    2. Can hope! Right now they just have it on DVD.

      :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Back to Top