Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Welcome!


First off, hello to anyone who happens to stumble upon my new blog. 😊

I was inspired (coughPRESSUREDcough 😜) to start this via my longtime forum friend, Amanda, who suggested that I take this challenge with her, of writing a post every day for the year of 2018.  (And maybe later years as well, we'll see how this goes first!)  I was initially hesitant, simply because I don't think my life is interesting enough to write about that much.  Haha.

Anyway, I suppose I will start with a slight catch-up of the past 2 days, since I missed those.  New Year's Day was great, Jacques and I spent it doing pretty much nothing.  It was one of those extremely lazy days for us, hanging around the house playing video games and watching TV.  My mom called while we were making dinner (jambalaya) because she had been itching to discuss the new Star Wars movie, that she'd finally seen, with her sister.  (I would have gone with her, but those pesky 1600 miles got in the way once again.)  She was confused at a few things, which I did my best to explain, but eventually just told her we'd watch the movie again when she's out here in May. 

Yesterday... well, despite being the first day back to work after the holidays for most people, I chose to give myself another day off, because that's the beauty of my job and being able to make my own hours, which I can make up for later this month.  I just was not ready to get back into the grind.  Plus, the game that I recently re-registered for, NexusTK, has an event going on that I really needed to take advantage of for one of my characters.  It's pretty much a guilty pleasure for me, since most people would not understand why I continue to play it, unless you've been a part of the community and played it yourself.

I didn't mean to write so much, but I suppose that is what happens once the words start flowing!  I'll end this post with how I started out today (after the hubby left for work), with my usual breakfast of coffee with hazelnut creamer and a fudge brownie Fiber One bar, while reading one of my current reads: "Oh Shit! I'm Over 50 and Single."  And before you ask, yes I realize neither of those applies to me, but there's a reason I'm reading it. 😜

2 comments:

  1. I got to the end there and I was about to call you out on the "Oh Shit! I'm Over 50 and Single" thing, till I realized it was something you were reading. However, why would you read that kind of book if you aren't 50 and single? Inquiring minds want to know!

    Anyway, good luck with the challenge. It's going to be fun and a lot of work for sure. We can do it - just have to remind each other every day to post on our blogs. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's why I added that little disclaimer afterwards. I received an email from the author of the book, who'd seen a book review that I'd written on Amazon and offered me a free copy of his book in exchange for a review. So I figured even if the content doesn't necessarily apply to me, I don't have anything to lose by reading it, and I know reviews help out the author as well. It's actually an interesting take on dating later in life, lol. I've laughed out loud many times during reading.. I like his comedic approach.

      And thank you, and same to you as well. I'm sure you'll be able to keep up with it, in between moments of frustration when coding! Haha. But yeah, it should be fun!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top