Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Lesson Learned... the Hard Way


So last October, I fell into a "timeshare trap" on one of our visits to Bass Pro Shop.  See, after we got married in March, we never had a proper honeymoon, other than a weekend out in San Francisco... where we stayed in a house in San Bruno with my family.  Let's face it, that's NOT anywhere close to a honeymoon!  Fast-forward seven months laterI was easily drawn in by the sweet words of this salesguy who was boasting about these wonderful vacation spots, for a fraction of the cost that it would normally be to stay in a hotel, for 5 nights.  My first thought was "This could be our belated honeymoon of sorts!" and I let myself get swindled into saying yes.  And now, after some further investigation into the company (done by my husband), it has become a $150 lesson that I had to learn the hard way.  Ugh.  I'm trying to look on the bright side of it all, seeing as we did get a $100 gift card to Bass Pro out of the whole ordeal.  From now on, I'll just keep on walking.

Anyway... I spontaneously decided to take today off from work (the joys of being able to make my own hours, and tack on another work-day to the end of the month instead) and I've spent most of the morning listening to new albums from some of my favorite rock bands on Spotify, with a little bit of washing pots & pans thrown in.  I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to new rock albums being released, since I've been listening to more of the indie rock scene, since I moved out here to Cali.  The guy I dated before my hubby, he was pretty much the male version of myself and we had the same exact tastes in music, so I usually found out about new music through him.  Obviously, I don't have that 'resource' anymore, or at least very rarely, so last night, I went through my list of music on my hard drive, taking note of any new albums that I haven't heard yet.  I'm kind of obsessed with a cover by one of my absolute favorite bands, Theory of a Deadman, of Chris Isaak's song, Wicked Game.  I loooove it!

I caught the hubby showing his age yesterday afternoon.  We were coming back from bringing in some paperwork to our bank, where we just received our first joint credit card.  He was talking about doing balance transfers from his existing credit cards over to this new one, since we got a 7.2% interest rate (!), and then "putting the card on ice" so as not to use it anymore.  Literally, you put the card in a glass with ice (not a clear one, so that you can't read the numbers once it's frozen).  But then he remembered that technology has advanced with Apple/Google/Samsung Pay and whatnot, and not having the card physically with you no longer stops a person from using it!  Haha.

On the menu for dinner tonight: orange and brown butter tilapia with garlic rice and collard greens.  Wish me luck on cooking it! 👍😳

Okay, I've chewed your ear off enough, it seems. 😝😏  Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I'm more out of the loop on new music than you lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top