Wednesday, January 10, 2018

First Week Recap


Today marks my first full week of daily writing in this blog!  I have to admit, I was skeptical that I would actually be able to find things to write about every day, but once I started, I forgot how quickly the words start flowing.  I remember back in my early 20's, I used to have a blog just like this, where I wrote every day, but I also had LOTS more drama in my daily life, what with figuring out relationships (not to mention myself) and frustrations in my job and everything that comes with all that.   I'm thankful that I at least don't have quite so much of that to deal with anymore.  (And I hope I didn't just jinx myself...)

Today is also another birthday, this time for my long-time forum friend, Amanda, whom I've known for... almost 14 years now?!  Wow, I can't believe it's really been that long.  I remember when I first met her on Menix Designs back in 2004, which was my first graphic design forum I joined on Proboards! 😲 We have come so far since those days!  I wish her the happiest of birthdays today, and I hope her day has been going fantastic! 💜

Back to the daily blogging recap... what I'm finding most difficult is thinking up titles.  I've never been great at that.  I always want to come up with these catchy and creative titles, but I end up just sticking with boring and unoriginal.  Haha.  Oh well, maybe I will get better at that, as time goes by.

Today started with an ongoing issue with my dad's company's website... it's not worth going into the whole story, but what it boils down to is if the hosting company has a backup copy of the site in their archives or not.  If they do, wonderful, they should be able to restore the site exactly as it was before the issue came up... if not, I will be busy rebuilding his website.  I really hope it doesn't come to that, because it can be highly frustrating, especially since I haven't had to mess with the back-end of the site in a while, at least not in any extensive way, other than installing occasional updates.  My own personal portfolio website was hacked about a year and a half ago and I ended up having to completely rebuild it from scratch again.  Let me tell you, I was so mad, I almost got to the point of chucking the whole thing out the window, in a fit of frustration and rage.  Figuratively speaking, of course.  But I persevered and ended up with a redesign that I absolutely love.  Granted, now I make sure to take care of software updates the very moment that I am aware that they're available.  I definitely learned my lesson there.  This issue with my dad's site is not the same though, thankfully, but it's still frustrating.

I'll end this post with a rather fitting daily quote:

"Success is never final, failure is never fatal.  It's courage that counts."

—John Wooden 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, WOW, 14+ years is a seriously long time to know someone from the internet. I think we officially have to meet face-to-face now. Like, we just have to! Thank you for the birthday wishes! I really appreciated the text this afternoon and the shout out in your post. Even Chris hasn't wished me a Happy Birthday today and he's talked to me multiple times today!

    Any who, I'm with you on the titles for blog posts. I have no unearthly idea what to call have the posts I make, so I just wing the titles. I keep them simple, somewhat entertaining, but ensure that they pretty much say what the post is about. I didn't know if this was going to be easy or hard. But, we're both doing so very well. We're doing especially well at reminding each other every day to write a blog post! Encouragement & Love like I said on ProBoards Support earlier! We got this, we can do this, and we will do this.

    How long until you know about your dad's website issue and whether or not the host has a backup? I hope you'll be backing up everything regularly on your own from now on. I suggest backing up in two different locations at the least, just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah I'd say that's probably a mandatory thing after knowing someone that long also. There are only 2 other people that I've known in that way (longer though, since I was 15!; I've met one of them, but the other I'm not sure it will happen). We'll have to figure that out sometime. Maybe if/when we move out of CA (which IS a real possibility). Anyway, you're welcome! :)

      Same process for me on the titles also, I try to make it relate to the content in some way, but I wish I could think of more creative ways to do that. :P And yep, we are doing very well, off to an absolutely great start too! It's definitely easier than I thought it would be!

      My dad's in contact with the hosting company but he hasn't mentioned when they think the issue will be resolved. He's really busy though, so it may not be until the weekend or so. I've gotta call him today though, so maybe he'll have news then. And yes, I'll definitely be backing up EVERYTHING in every way that I possibly can... on my portable hard drive & the internal hard drive.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top