Monday, January 15, 2018

The Art of Being Productive


Well, yesterday's exhaustion was catching up with me again today.  Even though I did get a decent amount of sleep, it did not take long for me to start feeling completely drained shortly after we got started on the work in the garage this morning.  We did end up getting more of it cleaned up and out of the way though, specifically where the reloading work bench is going to go.  We got the bench built, but it's still a work in progress at this point, as the hubby wants to add a pegboard and a shelf combo behind it, to hang various gun tools and whatnot.  Here's the completed result from today's work:
I'm happy with how it turned out, looks very industrial, I think.  It's pretty cool to look at something like that and think "I made that!"  Or in my case, helped.  Haha.  I pretty much held the boards in place while he drilled the screws in.  I'm not getting near the saw, I'm happy to leave that part to him. 

I think the cold air is giving me a consistent headache that I cannot seem to get rid of.  The pain is directly above my left eye and it's really annoying.  Though I think the naproxen pills I took earlier are finally starting to work now, because the pain has reduced to only a slight throbbing every now and then.

Anyway... I'm stopping this entry here because I'm just still so tired and I feel like I'd just be babbling on about nothing if I continue.  So I am going to enjoy my glass of Old-Fashioned Egg Nog (with brandy, rum, & whisky) and wish you all a good evening! 😊  

2 comments:

  1. That bench looks really cool! Your husband and Chris (as makers) could probably collaborate on something together if Chris was in the U.S. I like the idea of a peg board and shelf combo behind it, but I'm trying to picture what that would look like. I'm assuming none of the guns will be loaded hanging from the pegs or sitting on the shelf. In really hot weather, that could be extremely dangerous.

    I'm sorry your still exhausted and getting headaches. I get headaches so often lately that I'm half tempted to go to the doctor and get a CAT scan done to make sure there's nothing major going on in my brain. Glad the Naproxen started working. You should try Migraine Excedrin. It use to work for me before I did away with caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D And no, lol, none of the guns will be hanging from the pegboard, they will be locked safely in our gun safe directly to the left of where this bench will be. He just wants the pegboard for little tools that he uses to clean the guns and whatnot... and whatever he'll be using for the process of reloading ammo, once he gets the equipment.

      As for the headaches, yeah meds don't really work on me that much, but whenever the pain is just too much, I usually take naproxen or acetaminophen. We get the knock-off brands from Target or the local grocery store, so I'm not sure if what we get can be compared to Excedrin or not. I'll double check, the next time I'm at either of those places though. My problem with the headaches is that I probably need glasses or something. I think right now it's just the cold weather that's causing them though, and not eating at the proper time. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top