Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Rough Start, Favicon, Lottery & Impatience


Relationships are hard.  I know that.  I've always known that.  Knowing that does not make it any easier though.  I wish it was all sunshine and happiness all the time, but alas, I suppose you cannot have the good without the bad, right?  I just hate being angry, because it's not in my nature and it ruins my day.  Today started out horrible.  It doesn't matter now about the why, just that it got sorted out pretty quickly, but the memory still lingers and is now making the rest of my day feel tainted in a way.  I don't think I deal with this emotion very well, so I'm just going to stop thinking about it.

On to other things... I think I'm finally done setting up this blog.  I may still change or update a few things, but for now, I like the way it's set up.  I worked on a favicon this morning, and I was reminded how much I hate them!  Such a tiny space to create a graphic that will most likely not even be recognizable from what I originally designed in the first place.  But I came up with this option:

It looks a bit cluttered when actually used as an icon on the website, but oh well.  I am using this larger version as a customized Windows icon for the folder in which I store everything for this blog, on my portable hard drive, so that'll work for me. (UPDATE: already changed it to just the pen, albeit a different pen, removing the text.)

Other than that, not much else to report.  We went out last night and bought lottery tickets, and I kept my expectations low.  I saw the Powerball numbers on the news this morning, but I don't think we won anything.  I guess we will see when we scan the ticket.  The Mega Millions isn't until tomorrow, so we still have a chance there.

I'm waiting on a couple orders from Amazon that are supposed to get here today and tomorrow.  I'm not so good at the waiting.  I'm the most impatient person I know.  Just gotta distract myself with other things until I hear that thump on our porch, along with the dogs barking like crazy shortly afterwards...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what happened this morning, but I can imagine. I hope by now you're feeling slightly better though. I do love the attempt at a favicon, the size of the image above looks good, but you're right, it'll skew and look weird as a smaller icon. I hate trying to come up with those. So Annoying!

    Like I told you last night, if you win the lottery, don't forget us little people!

    What are you waiting on from Amazon? I bought a ton of stuff from them during the holidays and everything was fine until I got charged twice for a prime subscription (LOL). And, as for being impatient, I could probably beat you in that department. Just ask my husband (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! :) Yeah, I'm feeling better now.
      I will probably end up taking out the text on the favicon, keeping the pen, and then just use the original image as my folder icon, because I like it. :P

      How could I forget you?! ;) I'm not the type to change like that in the first place, no matter how much money is involved. One of the packages already got here, a new coffee grinder, because we noticed a crack in the lid of our old one (I swear, it wasn't me!). Not telling on the other one, because I will most likely be posting a photo of it tomorrow! :D

      Delete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top