Wednesday, September 29, 2021

{Tuesday Tunes} War Over Me


[DISCLAIMER: I did start this post yesterday, so I think it still counts]

Playlist: The Art of Procrastination
Song: War Over Me
Artist: Papa Roach
Album: F.E.A.R. [2015]

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I'm standing on the front lines, I'm fighting for my soul
I've walked the self-destructive lonely road
I read the warning signs but I was too blind to see
I had to feel the pain till I believed

I have a purpose

CHORUS:
This is war, this is war
Since the day I was born
I would die just to live, just to bleed
I will fight for my life
Turn my darkness, to light
This is war, it's a war over me
War over me
War over me

My pity feeds destruction
My hunger turns to greed
But nothing ever fills this hole in me
No peace on the horizon
No peace in anything
I had to hurt myself till I believed

I have a purpose

[CHORUS]

I'm caught up in the crossfire
I'm caught up in the pain
This gift of desperation
Is exactly what I need
I'm falling like an empire
I'm calling out your name
I'm locked in my own prison
Tell me help is on the way

Tell me help is on the way

I will fight for this life
Turn my darkness to light
This is war, it's a war over me

[CHORUS]

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
First off, this is a new one to my ears.  Papa Roach can be a bit too "screamy" for me at times but most of their songs I like.  This ended up being one of those (that I like).  I feel it's pretty self-explanatory in what it's about... someone at war with themselves... a destructive person that they used to be and the person they are now, which feels like they are attempting to be better than they were. ("fight for my life, turn my darkness to light")  Everyone has a bit of darkness in them, I don't care who you are, you do.  And it's what you do with that darkness that defines you.  That sounds a bit cliche to me, but there it is.  

The lyric I most relate to: "...nothing ever fills this hole in me."  I experienced something at a young age that permanently took a part of myself away and I've felt that hole ever since, no matter how much I tried to fill it, or told myself that I had succeeded.  And fighting to turn darkness into light is sometimes an everyday struggle, but I believe I am winning, most days. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Back to Top