Tuesday, April 2, 2019

{ Tuesday Tunes } One Love


🎼 Every Tuesday, I'm going to pick a playlist that I have created on Spotify and, making sure it is on shuffle, play a song from that playlist.  After thoroughly listening to the song, I will post the lyrics and video (if available) for reference.  Then write about how the song speaks to me, if I already know it well, or if it's more of an "acquaintance." Sound good? 😊🎵 


Playlist: Hazelnut
Song: One Love
Artist: Sister Hazel
Album: Chasing Daylight [2003]

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

We are just children understand
We're two in a million, the precious grains of sand
We slip through the fingers, dancing on the wind
We find each other

[Chorus]

One you, one me
One chance for us to live
One heart, one soul
One life for us to give
One dream, one mind
One sky up above
One you, one me
One love
One love

A star made a wish on us tonight
Hangin' out in heaven inspired by our light
She knows how it feels to shine on all the world
And last forever

[Chorus]

Surrender all your battles
It's only love that makes us matter
We are all the possibilities
As endless as our imagination

[Chorus]
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
First off, Sister Hazel has always been a favorite of mine, ever since I was an awkward and shy tween, listening to All For You constantly.  Ken (Block) has such a unique-sounding voice that draws me in every time. 😍  I love the meaning behind this song, which tells us to stop spreading hate and anger, and give in to love, which is all that matters in the end.  Maybe I love this song so much because I just despise being angry. 😏😜 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts here. I love feedback! 😍😉

Back to Top